The Holding Company
Clean logistics - sustainability in the IGS Group
- Carbon emissions:By using LNG trucks, we save around 20% CO2 and 99% particulate matter, while also reducing our NOx output by 70% per vehicle. In addition to our LNG trucks, our fleet consists almost exclusively of trucks in the lowest emission class, Euro VI. Optimal route planning enables us to deliberately avoid empty runs and unnecessary extra mileage, reflecting our responsible approach to the environment.
- Eco-balance: To reduce the impact of particulate matter and the use of fossil fuels, we are continually expanding our intermodal road and rail activities. Thanks to our climate-friendly approach, our own rail network zigsXpress is already making 450.000 TEU per year.
- Use of energy: We are continually reducing the use of fossil fuels such as gas, oil and coal and replacing them with renewable sources. Our warehouses use solar power, generated in-house.
- Waste disposal: Our waste policy is based, among other things, on the responsible disposal of waste that we produce. Moreover, by recycling packaging materials and using recyclable products, we have reduced our waste volume many times over.
- Digitisation: All our administrative procedures have been digitised, thanks to the introduction of a fully comprehensive document management system. As a result, all our work is now paperless and more efficient than ever before.
- Certification: We have been certified under EN 16258 (CO2) and ISO 14001 (Environment) as well as Bio and IFS for many years now.
- The future: We are always improving our supply chain processes.